AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with the Start-Date on AdWords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have bulk-edited several campaigns, changing the start date. From these campaigns, 36 had already begun and the editor is asking me to re-enter the original date that each campaign was created. Otherwise, it will not post.

But the thing is that I don't have this info anymore. I can't undo. AdWords Editor is asking me to input a date that it knows (because is the only date that would accept) but I don't. What am I supposed to do?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pablo Ariel F
March 2017

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

You don't hover over the text box in the edit pane at the bottom. You hover over the grid cell in the main grid above it. You'll see the tooltip there.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PS: I can't "revert" because it'd erase all of the changes in budget, end settings, etc. that I've done today.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

If you hover over the edited cell in the grid, a tooltip will pop up that will show the new and old value.

Another approach is to revert, note the original value, then undo (this will undo the revert, putting your edits back), and finally enter that original value.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Can you just select them all and make the start date today?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

No, that wouldn't help. For an existing campaign that's already started (that is, whose start date is in the past), start date cannot be changed, whether to today's date or otherwise. You'll get the same error if you try.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Folks, thanks for your quick answers. Unfortunately, I couldn't use the tooltip as it never showed up when hovering the textbox field. I tried several times, giving and losing the focus on the textbox (clicking) but it did not work.

What I eventually had to do use my home computer where a I had downloaded an earlier version of the acc and search and revert campaign by campaign.

It was weird that neither the tooltip nor the CTR Z worked. I'm using the latest version of Editor for mac.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pablo Ariel F
March 2017

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

You don't hover over the text box in the edit pane at the bottom. You hover over the grid cell in the main grid above it. You'll see the tooltip there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have figured a way around this. I too have been having issues trying to change the start date of campaigns so I can post changes. I wanted to move 5 campaigns from one account to another without building them again so I copied and pasted them into the new account using adwords editor. The start date was set in the past, the date the campaigns were created. Within adwords editor the date was red and unchangeable in any way. 

The fix: Export the campaigns as CSV files. Open the CSV and change the start dates to the present or date in the future. Then Import the file back into Adwords. Problem solved and quite quick. Only other issue I came across was the file re-saves itself as a note or textbook file so just look out for the different format when re-uploading the file!

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

What do you mean, "unchangeable in any way"? For a new, not yet posted campaign, you should be able to simply clear the Start Date box, which will set the date to today's date.