AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with campaign - limited by budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I'm running a campaign for a client and I get the message "limited by budget". Can anyone help me with more details and possible ways to fix that. The campaign is set up for Search network only, with 15 keywords and the delivery method is standard. Even when the campaign has no impressions and clicks for the day I still get the "limited by budget" notification, why is that? And the campaign rarely spends all of its daily budget. Any suggestions?

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vasilena t
September 2015

Re: Problem with campaign - limited by budget

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Vasliena T

Limited by Budget can be showed due to several reasons, including

• A campaign can have the status "limited by budget" appear in the status column of the campaigns table. This status indicates that your budget is lower than the recommended daily budget.

It can show as limited by budget even without no impression if the reason is ur daily budget is lower than recommended budget and your campaign has potential to reach more audience by raising your budget.

So there is nothing actually to be fixed, but if you need this msg to be gone you can cosider raising your budget to match recommended budget limit or you can lower your bid adjustment, to potentially fit more clicks into your current budget.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vasilena,

If your campaign is not reaching daily budget and still seeing the message, you can ignore the warning. I think you would like to read this thread on same topic:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/search-campaign-consistently-meeting-its-daily-budge...

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vasilena t
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Vasliena T

Limited by Budget can be showed due to several reasons, including

• A campaign can have the status "limited by budget" appear in the status column of the campaigns table. This status indicates that your budget is lower than the recommended daily budget.

It can show as limited by budget even without no impression if the reason is ur daily budget is lower than recommended budget and your campaign has potential to reach more audience by raising your budget.

So there is nothing actually to be fixed, but if you need this msg to be gone you can cosider raising your budget to match recommended budget limit or you can lower your bid adjustment, to potentially fit more clicks into your current budget.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Nisal

Thanks for your answer. I've checked and my recommended budget is 130$ higher than my current budget. As I cannot raise the budget I'll try to lower my bid adjustments. Thanks for your help.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vasilena,

If your campaign is not reaching daily budget and still seeing the message, you can ignore the warning. I think you would like to read this thread on same topic:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/search-campaign-consistently-meeting-its-daily-budge...

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Let me second NehaGupta's response.

You do not need to change your keyword bidding strategy because you receive a budget recommendation from the program.

The recommendation is informational--if you're not interested in changing your daily spending cap right now, ignore it.

- - - - - - -

On the other hand, if you're using conversion tracking, this is valuable data for you. Once you have a significant amount of data over a relatively long time period (say, six months or more), you will be able to analyze your campaign's performance for time-related trends.

You may discover, for instance, that you do not receive conversions on Saturday. Or that most of your conversions come during the afternoons.

Knowing that there's more traffic available to your campaign, you might then decide to make an adjustment--shut your campaign off on Saturdays, giving you more budget to spend the other days of the week, when you already know there's more traffic than you're serving.

Or setting ad scheduling so that your ads aren't active until 11 am or noon, so that you're not spending money on non-converting morning clicks. This will consolidate and concentrate your budget during the most "productive" hours for your campaign.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Theresa,

I've already set up ad schedule (as I noticed that the ads have more impressions and clicks during the weekeds). I've stopped the ads showing during the night and in the hours during the week that there is less traffic. That's why I was surprised when after that I got the message limited by budget.