AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with 2 adgroups in one campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have one problem with my campaign. I have 2 adgroups in one campaign, but when they are active, the budget was eaten only from one of them and second adgroup has no impressions and clicks. Why the budget is not distributed equally to all adgroups?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMSEM
September 2015

Re: Problem with 2 adgroups in one campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

first of all, you should consider having at least two ads in ad group. Second, mobile-optimized text ads are only given preference on mobile devices. If your ad group contains mobile ads only, those ads may appear on desktops and laptop computers and tablets. Standard text ads will be given preference on desktop and laptop computers or tablets. Also, your standard text ads can appear on mobile devices. You can't create a mobile-only campaign for mobile devices. You can set a large positive bid adjustment for mobile devices.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi SMSEM,

If one ad group performs better than another one, the performance difference can come from differences in your set of keywords, match types, bids,
quality scores and various other factors. In addition, keywords in better performing ad group are probably more relevant to the searches usually done
by the target user group.

Your budget establishes a limit on the charges you will see for a particular campaign. It is important to understand that you cannot set individual budget
for each ad group in your campaign. You can split your campaign into two, or pause one ad group using automated rule if it reaches a set budget.

Even though experiments are not meant for this purpose, you can set one up to split up ad groups in control and experimental groups whose activity will be determined by the percentages you set within the experiment settings.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello SMSEM, Though mObsivac has already explained a lot about your problem, I am just making it brief and trying to reach close to your query-

There are 2 possibilities:
1. Your second ad group that is not getting any impression or clicks has "low search volume keywords" long tails phrases

2. Or your 1st ad group has similar keywords like second ad group in broad match with higher bid.

Suggestion: before you add new keywords into your account, consider looking at their traffic estimate using the tool "keywords planner"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I think the above to comments pretty much explain what might be causing your issues. In my experience, particularly if there is a cross over of keywords between AdGroups (caused by match type setup), Google will tend to use the AdGroup it deems best.

That said, it seems very strange that the second AdGroup isn't even getting impressions. A couple of things to check ...

- Have you set the CPC equally on both AdGroups? i.e. is one much lower than the other.?

- Have you definitely added at least 1 ad to the second AdGroup ... and has it been approved?

I'd recommend taking the 2nd AdGroup and putting it within its own Campaign, even just as a breif test. That way you can give it its own dedicated budget that won't be eaten by the other AdGroup.

Hope this helps.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,
Thanks for the answers. I've forgot to tell you, that the second ad group is with only one ad, and it is mobile ad. The ad in the first ad group is normal ad.
The bids are same for the two ad groups. Yes the two ad groups have same keywords and bids, but the ad in the second ad group is only for mobile devices.
The problem is, that the first ad group (which is for the non-mobile devices) eating all budget of the campaign, and it's not enought for my mobile ad in the second adgroup)...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMSEM
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

first of all, you should consider having at least two ads in ad group. Second, mobile-optimized text ads are only given preference on mobile devices. If your ad group contains mobile ads only, those ads may appear on desktops and laptop computers and tablets. Standard text ads will be given preference on desktop and laptop computers or tablets. Also, your standard text ads can appear on mobile devices. You can't create a mobile-only campaign for mobile devices. You can set a large positive bid adjustment for mobile devices.