AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problem Solved "Your AdWords campaigns are about to expire"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems a lot of us have wasted countless hours over the weekend for NOTHING!

Here is a part of the response I got from Adwords Support.

"if your budget is not enough to consistently show your ad through the month, the system may set an earlier campaign end date to ensure that you won't exceed your monthly budget. Do note that this is automatically done  by the system and you can’t change the campaign end date."

So, even though the good people at Adwords tell us we must extend our "end date", and give us instructions to accomplish this which don't work, it appears this is not even a problem in the first place.

Well done Google. I am starting to think of you in much the same way I think of Microsoft.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem Solved "Your AdWords campaigns are about to expire"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PaulE,

Can you confirm if the campaign you are talking about here is an Adwords Express Campaign and not a regular Adwords campaign?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's for Adwords Express

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

There's one help center article which I found on Adwords Express. Here it is what it says:

"Your AdWords Express campaign may appear to be paused or have an end date, but this is normal. Based on the budget that you've selected, we may stop showing your ads at a particular time or date to ensure that you'll have enough budget for the entire month."

Based on my interpretation, I would conclude that advertiser doesn't directly have control over the campaing end date. However, once could change the monthly budget in between so that Adwords can show the ads for extended period of time.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are correct, that article does refer to the subject of this discussion.

The root of the problem is however, that Google is sending emails to Adwords Express users stating that their ad will be discontinued unless they extend their end date. The instructions provided in order to accomplish this don't work, because they don't apply to Adwords Express, because the end date in Adwords Express can't be modified by the user.

This whole thing is just a giant WASTE OF TIME!