AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Priority of landing page for ads and audience

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all:

We all know for search campaign, the priority of landing page:  keyword > ads, how about remarketing campaign?  I mean if I set up different landing pages for my remarketing list and ads, which one will google use?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Priority of landing page for ads and audience

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Han,

Thanks for the clarification.

In that case AdWords will use the destination URL from the targeting method that you've enabled custom bids for. If you haven't provided a URL for this targeting method, Adwords will use the ad's destination URL.

Please read under 'Destination URLs and the Display Network' at the bottom of the page below.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404246?hl=en&from=116202&rd=1

Deepak

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Han,

Visitors will be added to your remarketing list when they land/visit the pages where you have added your remarketing code.

You can then use this remarketing list to show ads people who have previously visited your site.

When your previous visitors click on your remarketing ad, they will reach the destination URL of the clicked ad.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

Both these pages serve different purposes. The pages with remarketing code adds visitors to your remarketing list, and your remarketing ad destination URL guides your previous visitors to the page of your choice when they click on your remarketing ads.

Deepak

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Han,

Thanks for your post! As Deepak mentioned, you add the remarketing list you have created to a campaign or ad group. Once it has been added to a campaign or ad group, your ads will start to show to users in that list. 

As with all ad groups, if you have more than one ad, the system will rotate the ads. If you have one ad in an ad group, that ad will show 100% of the time. 

Hope this helps! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for replying me promptly. But what I mean is, for display campaign or remarketing campaign, we can set up destination url for target method, and what if destination url for target method and ads are different? I want to know the priority

Thanks a lot

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so much for your kindly answer. But what i mean is not about remarketing code...I mean in the adwords interface, for display campaign or remarketing campaign, we can set up destination url for target methods, such as keywords url, audience url etc. what if the destination url for target methods and ads are different? which one will be used?

Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Han,

Thanks for the clarification.

In that case AdWords will use the destination URL from the targeting method that you've enabled custom bids for. If you haven't provided a URL for this targeting method, Adwords will use the ad's destination URL.

Please read under 'Destination URLs and the Display Network' at the bottom of the page below.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404246?hl=en&from=116202&rd=1

Deepak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Deepak:

Thanks for your answer, that's exactly what I want, thank you very much!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You are most welcome Han!

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Han,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - different time zones! I'm glad Deepak was able to solve your query. 

Happy advertising!