AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Portfolio strategy Vs Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community,

I would like to know witch are the main differences between using a CPA portfolio strategic and using a Target CPA for only one campaign  .Also when I would have to use one or the other?.

Kind regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Agustin M

Google says and I quote - 

"Portfolio bid strategies are automated, goal-driven bid strategies that help you optimize bids across multiple campaigns, ad groups, and keywords. They automatically set bids for every auction to help you reach your performance goals, and provide a single place for you to quickly change bidding settings for all campaigns, ad groups, and keywords that use a single portfolio bid strategy".

In simple terms, when you want to apply the same goal based automated bidding to multiple campaigns, you should use portfolio strategy. 

To be more precise, if you want to achieve the same CPA on more than one campaign, you can create one Portfolio Bidding Strategy with that CPA and apply it across all campaigns. 

If you need to achieve different CPAs on different campaigns, stay with the usual CPA model.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ratan, Thank you very much for you answer.

I have another question, when you use a portfolio strategy, it use all the data of all the campaigns that are in that portfolio for optimizing, or it optimize each campaign individually?

Kind regards 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Agustin M
February 2017

Re: Portfolio strategy Vs Target CPA

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It optimises all campaigns individually but for the one common CPA target
that you set at portfolio level.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your input.

Do you know where I can find the related documentation.

Kind regards

Re: Portfolio strategy Vs Target CPA

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor