AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pop-up showing only for remarketing audience?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I need help with particular content integration only for remarketing audience.
Basic idea:

1. Visitor clicks on our remarketing campaign banner
  2. Goes to our Adwords offer page (where he possibly was before) and then after 10 seconds he sees pop-up with time-sensitive information

Any recommendations how to do it correctly?

Should URL tag be placed for remarketing to show it?
Or some specific code entered?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vytautas P
January 2016

Re: Pop-up showing only for remarketing audience?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Vytautas.

You'll need some coding skills in order to implement that, either client-side (in the HTML code of the pages) or server-side (before the page was created and displayed in the browser).

The logic is the following:

• you tag your landing page URL for the ads in the remarketing campaign with a special URL parameter
  • if that URL parameter is present on a page (signifying that the visitor came from the remarketing campaign), you set a cookie
  • upon visiting the AdWords offer page, you check for the existence of that cookie and if it is present, you display the pop-up

If you can code either in JavaScript or some server-side language, you can do it yourself. Otherwise get in touch with a developer, tell him what you're trying to achieve and (s)he should be able to get it done rather easily.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there any further reading regarding this procedure as I feel that my developer will still ask to give him more details.

Thank you very much!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Vytautas. I don't see what more could be needed. Grab a parameter from the landing page's URL, set a cookie, then upon landing on the AdWords page, show the pop-up if the cookie exists or do nothing if it doesn't.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.