AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pop-up showing only for remarketing audience?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I need help with particular content integration only for remarketing audience.
Basic idea:

1. Visitor clicks on our remarketing campaign banner
  2. Goes to our Adwords offer page (where he possibly was before) and then after 10 seconds he sees pop-up with time-sensitive information

Any recommendations how to do it correctly?

Should URL tag be placed for remarketing to show it?
Or some specific code entered?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vytautas P
January 2016

Re: Pop-up showing only for remarketing audience?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Vytautas.

You'll need some coding skills in order to implement that, either client-side (in the HTML code of the pages) or server-side (before the page was created and displayed in the browser).

The logic is the following:

• you tag your landing page URL for the ads in the remarketing campaign with a special URL parameter
  • if that URL parameter is present on a page (signifying that the visitor came from the remarketing campaign), you set a cookie
  • upon visiting the AdWords offer page, you check for the existence of that cookie and if it is present, you display the pop-up

If you can code either in JavaScript or some server-side language, you can do it yourself. Otherwise get in touch with a developer, tell him what you're trying to achieve and (s)he should be able to get it done rather easily.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vytautas P
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Vytautas.

You'll need some coding skills in order to implement that, either client-side (in the HTML code of the pages) or server-side (before the page was created and displayed in the browser).

The logic is the following:

• you tag your landing page URL for the ads in the remarketing campaign with a special URL parameter
  • if that URL parameter is present on a page (signifying that the visitor came from the remarketing campaign), you set a cookie
  • upon visiting the AdWords offer page, you check for the existence of that cookie and if it is present, you display the pop-up

If you can code either in JavaScript or some server-side language, you can do it yourself. Otherwise get in touch with a developer, tell him what you're trying to achieve and (s)he should be able to get it done rather easily.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there any further reading regarding this procedure as I feel that my developer will still ask to give him more details.

Thank you very much!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Vytautas. I don't see what more could be needed. Grab a parameter from the landing page's URL, set a cookie, then upon landing on the AdWords page, show the pop-up if the cookie exists or do nothing if it doesn't.