AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Poll: Will you Opt out from the new Ad-Rotation setting?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Friends,

I am starting this poll and ask everyone to cast their honest vote:

Will you or will you not submit the request or ask your service Rep, to get opted out from the new ad rotation settings.

Remember: Voting fraud is considered a crime! Smiley Happy

(BTW i love how in this article they say " The tension here seems to be between Google’s efforts to serve a class of advertisers with a “set it and forget it” mentality, who would prefer that the company auto-optimize on their behalf, and the company’s need to serve more sophisticated marketers who are making full use of all of the options available to them.")

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Poll: Will you Opt out from the new Ad-Rotation setting?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JaybTiger,

From what I understand, the form submissions will potentially lead to an option in the AdWords interface for opt-in/out similar to the 'Keyword Matching Options'.  I haven't filled it out yet but I'd like the option to choose on my own. 

So, I'll probably fill it out just for the hopes of the option becoming available to everyone. 

My guess is with the amount of 'noise' this new feature has created, those forms are flying into the G team.

It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds...

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Shall I apply to opt-out for all of my customers? Or just some? On their behalf?

I am waiting for the option to be included in the AdWords-interface

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, yes and yes! If you are a diligent manager, then you should also be saying yes! THERE IS no place for automation within adwords unless you are lazy or have no clue what you are doing!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey David,

I'm pondering the same exact thing.  The form allows you to list multiple accounts, I don't think that MCC ids are what they are looking for (but I could be wrong).  But you also have to list the primary domains for accounts submitted.

I just want the option too without having to take action in hopes of having the option. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Perhaps we should move this Poll to the community lounge?

How to?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
@LoonieGuy ;
I don't quite understand how  automation is linked / related to  ad-rotation ....
-Moshe
LoonieGuy wrote:

Yes, yes and yes! If you are a diligent manager, then you should also be saying yes! THERE IS no place for automation within adwords unless you are lazy or have no clue what you are doing!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi JaybTiger,

I will definitely opt out of the ad-rotation setting. Thanks for the links. I wasn't aware of an opt-out option until today--just submitted the form.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords