AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Please help:Adwords New Smart Bidding

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
 Hello All,
I want to know if this smart bidding which adwords just released is another automated bidding strategy or just new name of automated bidding strategies under which other automated bidding strategies like Target CPA,enhanced CPC is grouped together?

Any help will be great
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
July 2016

Re: Please help:Adwords New Smart Bidding

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Yes, there are various additional signals which have been introduced to make these 3 bidding strategies Smart. Even there are few more which are coming soon.

Please go through this link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7065882

Expand the Automated bidding signals within the link.

Simply these 3 bidding strategies have been upgraded with more features making these smart.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Soumik,

Smart bidding does not include all the automated bidding but it is a set of conversion-based bid strategies—Target CPA, Target ROAS and Enhanced CPC—that use advanced machine learning to help you tailor the right bid to each and every auction.

Hope this official document by Google will help you to better understand the smart bidding in adwords:

The power of AdWords Smart Bidding

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
But Archit How can I implement it?In case of Target CPA, Target ROAS and Enhanced CPCs we can set bids.But how can we set bids on Smart bidding?I mean to say is it completely a different bidding strategy?What is meant by subset exactly and how can we exactly implement it step by step?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi,

The subset here refers to a sub category.
Just like the automated bid strategy which is actually a category but not itself any bid strategy to implement, the smart bid strategy is the name given to those automated bidding strategies which are conversion based.
You need to go with any of the individual bid strategy out of these three in this subset.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Still Confused.Means If i use for example Target CPA bidding as automated bidding how can i then use the newely smart bidding with it?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Archit what I understand in that Smart bid strategy is a special feature which only applies on conversion based automated bidding options like target CPA OR ROI with many additional smart signals like browser,conversion data provided by Google itself from the past convesrion data of our account to get more fruitful result.

Am i Right Archit?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
July 2016

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Yes, there are various additional signals which have been introduced to make these 3 bidding strategies Smart. Even there are few more which are coming soon.

Please go through this link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7065882

Expand the Automated bidding signals within the link.

Simply these 3 bidding strategies have been upgraded with more features making these smart.

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome Archit.That is the answer I am looking for.Thanks for your time buddy.Experts like you really make it happen.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
@Soumik Ghosh Many thanks for the appreciations..

Regards