AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Please HELP- Remarketing Requirement?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

Suppose I want to start a re targeting campaign under ad-words.I want to create a audience list based upon a cart page i.e. those people who have visited my cart page but not buy anything.

My question is how many visitors do i need to start the re targeting campaign and under what time period?

My another question is that if 2000 people visit my home page and only 20 people visit my cart page,then what is the total no of visitors required to start the re targeting campaign  if i want to start my campaign  based on the list based upon the cart page i.e. those people who have visited my cart page but not buy anything.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
April 2016

Re: Please HELP- Remarketing Requirement?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jon.All it says that is if I create a GDN campaign for Remarketingin GDN means it only shows to people who is on my list.

In case of search it requires keywords .

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Soumik Ghosh it depends upon where you wish to use the remarketing.  For the Display Network (GDN) you need just 100 people in your list (that would be 100 people who have visited your cart page and not checked out).  For Search, you need 1000 people in the list, which may take some time.

More about remarketing here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en-GB

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jon.

Another question what is the difference between the remarketing for search ads only and remarkketing on GDN?
I think basically the setup process is the same for two networks.

On search networks only remarketing campaigns, we will utlize the search network only with a dedicated search only text remarketing campaign and in Display only campaigns we will utilize a display network retargeting camapaign with a dedicated display campaign?

am i right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yep, pretty much spot on @Soumik Ghosh.  The only other difference is that Remarketing on the GDN can take place without any targeting other than the list itself, whereas Remarketing for Search requires Keywords (although these can be very broad).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jon.All it says that is if I create a GDN campaign for Remarketingin GDN means it only shows to people who is on my list.

In case of search it requires keywords .