AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Placement exclusion to block browsers/websites (to only serve to in-app)

J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I tried posting this on the mobile section of the message boards to no luck.. maybe it's a little too advanced so this board might be better?!

We're trying to run keyword targeting on the display network (all features) but only want to serve to mobile in-app (no browsers/websites). I know you can change the campaign objective to in-app only, but this removes your ability to run keyword targeting. I was hoping that excluding adsense.com as a placement would do the trick (the same idea of excluding adsenseformobileapps.com to block apps and only keep browsers/websites). Is there a placement exclusion that I can plugin to block all websites?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Placement exclusion to block browsers/websites (to only serve to in-app)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... If I get you right, keyword targeting should be available when you want to show your ads only in mobile apps;

Does this article help?

Showing ads in mobile apps

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722057?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Placement exclusion to block browsers/websites (to only serve to in-app)

J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case when you setup the campaign for mobile in-app placement (by selecting Display network > No marketing objective > Ads in mobile apps). When you go to make the adgroup and select targeting.. there is no option for keyword. That is why I was asking if there was a placement I could exclude to stop all serving to websites/browsers - that way I could select campaign type "All Features" (by selecting Display network > No marketing objectives > All features) which allows you to load in keywords (and have way more options with behavioral targeting). Hopefully this all makes sense, thanks again for any help.

Placement exclusion to block browsers/websites (to only serve to in-app)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct; Google segmented the  display settings by goals and aimed to set the most suitable targeting based on the advertiser's goal.

If you want a keyword targeting, you should set the campaign using  "all features".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’