AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pirate Clicker

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a guy that clicks on my adwords like crazy EVERY day he is easy to spot since he uses Linux Safari  and sometimes clicks every 30 secounds using different ip addresses each time but he also changes brower versions . How can I check and see how many of these get by Google and they charge me for them? This guy must be getting paid by one of my competitors since he has been doing this everyday for many months.

I have reported this to Google a couple of times and they told me not to worry about it they are on to this guy but with some much time and work this guy puts on it is hard for me to belive that he does not get thru at all

Thank you for any help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Pirate Clicker

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi selectphonedata,

I hate it when people do this stuff!

To start, have you added the invalid click data column to the campaign tab? That will at least give you an idea whether Google is detecting those clicks.

You say he is changing IP addresses each time. Do those addresses appear to be within a certain range with the first three numbers of the address the same? If so, you could block that entire sub-net using an asterisk (*) as a wild card for the final number. That's a bit of a broad stroke and will potentiall block traffic you might actually want, but it is an option.

If you are not receiving credit for the invalid clicks, you can submit evidence of the invalid clicks from your web logs to Google. They will review the data and issue a credit if appropriate.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Pirate Clicker

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi selectphonedata,

I hate it when people do this stuff!

To start, have you added the invalid click data column to the campaign tab? That will at least give you an idea whether Google is detecting those clicks.

You say he is changing IP addresses each time. Do those addresses appear to be within a certain range with the first three numbers of the address the same? If so, you could block that entire sub-net using an asterisk (*) as a wild card for the final number. That's a bit of a broad stroke and will potentiall block traffic you might actually want, but it is an option.

If you are not receiving credit for the invalid clicks, you can submit evidence of the invalid clicks from your web logs to Google. They will review the data and issue a credit if appropriate.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords