AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Phone # in Desktop Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Several advertisers have a phone # listed in their desktop ad but it's not part of their ad copy.  I went into Ad Extensions>Call Extensions and entered a phone # and selected to show on Desktops and tablets.  I also have this setup in our tracking system, Kenshoo but the phone # is not showing up.  I can't figure this out for the life of me. Help!

Thanks,
Nikki 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Phone # in Desktop Ad

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Based on the Help Center:

Call extensions lets you add a phone number so that customers to can call you directly from your ad if they are using a high-end mobile device with a full Internet browser, such as iPhone or Android phone. If you enable call metrics, you can see how many calls were generated by ads shown on all types of supported devices, including computers and mobile phones.

On desktop or laptop computers: Your business phone number won’t appear, unless you’re using call metrics.

When you choose to use this feature, we'll assign and display a unique Google forwarding number with your ads on both mobile and desktop devices. This number is automatically generated for each ad group. Whenever a customer calls this number, the call will be rerouted to your business phone number. In ads on high-end mobile phones with full browsers, Google forwarding phone numbers can be clicked to make it easier to dial the number.

Reminders:

1.Call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers are only available to U.S. and U.K. customers.

2.Call extensions with Google forwarding phone numbers currently don't work on campaigns using CPA or automatic bidding.

More Power,
Loraine

Re: Phone # in Desktop Ad

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hello

This is an interesting point which might need some clarification. 

The forwarding number call extension will only show when your ad shows on a desktop. When your ad shows on a mobile phone and your call extension is activated, your business number (ie - not the forwarding number) will show. 

Also, there is a threshold for having a forwarding number show next to your desktop ads. There is no discreet number for this threshold, but if you are accruing a good amount of data on your mobile call extensions your desktop extensions are more likely to show. 

A.