AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Phone Extension for Mobile

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

I just set my phone extension for Mobile. But its 2 day that I have no results.

I have attached my setting so maybe u cas see if there is any mistake.

Thank you.

adwords-mobile.png

- Lukas

Re: Phone Extension for Mobile

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The extension setup is OK in my opinion.

Question is : for this campaign "Internet" do you have mobile impressions ? If you look at the button "Segment" and choose "device" in the  keywords Tab , you can see mobile impressions.

You selected timeframe 1 week but you mentioned "it is 2 days with no results" : does this mean that you have setup this extension on sunday ? Maybe there is a 48 hours delay in reporting call extension impressions.

Regarding your last message : when you requested "no phone number for desktop or tablet" . Did you choose to create 2 ad groups or 2 campaigns because you wanted your desktop Ads to have no call extension ?

Thanks for posting interesting questions Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry, now I see the results, maybe I had to wait 48hours.

I thoung there will be some review by google but I have created the extension
3 days before it was online. So I thought I could see the results in few hours.

No I didnt separate it but I have set device preference to mobile and show the following link to just to the phone number.
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, the setup is good but some of the desktop impressions of Ads (probably not many) will also have the phone number near the Ad instead of the call button, even if you have checked the "Mobile" preference box. It is explained here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

( expand "Customize call extensions for mobile devices" )

"If a campaign or ad group has only mobile-optimized call extensions, these may show on desktop and laptop computers. "

Even if you set "Mobile" preference at Ads level ( not only at the Call Extension level) , desktop impressions with phone number cannot be avoided as explained here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Targeting-Mobiles-with-Enhanced-Campaigns/ba-p...

"And there's more.  Enhanced Campaigns also allow you to specify a "mobile" preference for your Ads - there's a checkbox now in the Ad edit screen that allows you to say that you'd like this Ad to appear on mobile devices in preference to desktop devices.  Before you ask, yes, you can set all your Ads to this but it won't stop them showing on desktops, "

In conclusion , the total of Call Extension Impressions, that you will see in your statistics ,can include desktop impressions, not only mobile impressions.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Adrian
- Lukas