AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Personalised Ad Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to personalise my ad settings within my google account so that when searching on the google search network the adwords system is able to distinguish my age range and gender.

Currently i have set;

• 'Personal info' - Shows my date of birth and gender
  • 'Ad settings' - Are all set to 'ON' for persoanlised ads

This doesnt seem to work as if i search for my own advert when the data filters through to my adwords account the adwords system is simply identifying my gender and age range as 'unknown'

Can anyone assist me in this matter?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Personalised Ad Settings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You should not search ads while logged  into the account. 

What do you mean "my gender and age range as 'unknown'"?. Google uses an aggregated PII info to show ads - not an identifiable one, definitely not in a manner which could reveal  a specific user.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Personalised Ad Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Within adwords under the audience tab >> Demographics the google system can accuratley detect the 'gender' & 'age group' of the person performing the search query.

I thought google captured this information based upon the google account settings where you can state your 'personal information'. So long as the 'personalised ads' setting is switched on.

If the personal information within a google account (gender and age) isnt stated or the personalised ads setting is switched off this should result in google searches being unidentifiable, therfore these clicks and imps will show as 'unknown'

How do i enable my google account settings so that my gender and age are detected by the google system when performing a google search?