AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Performance Alert Automation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to automate some checks to make sure the campaigns keep delivering.

There are 4 particular alerts I'd like setup:

• Budget: I'd like to be notified when a campaign is close to spending all it's budget. When the campaign spent reaches 90% of the budget I'd like to get an email.
  • Keywords: I'd to daily check a list of important keywords to see if they are triggering ads. The manual process of this is going into the Ad Preview tool, set the location and try to search for the keyword. The keywords should be checked on different user locations.
  • Search Impression Share: I'd like to be notified if the Search Impression Share decreases by more than 10% compared to the previous day.
  • Ad Position: I'd like to be notified if the ad position decreases by more than 10% compared to the previous day.

What is in your opinion the best / easiest way to setup these alerts?

Thanks

Sandro

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sandro L,

You may want to explore various options by selecting menu items under the Automate drop-down on your campaigns or keywords report pages. Unfortunately you'll most probably find that the options available to you and supported by Google do not exactly match your own requirements. The help page linked-to below will give you popular examples.

***   Common ways to use automated rules   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710

You may want a rule to run multiple times a day by actually creating multiple identical rules scheduled to run at different hours of the day. It's also an option for you to decide if you wish to receive an email alert and in which cases.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

I looked into the automations but I can't do what I described above with these automations.

Any support to create custom AdWords scripts?

Thanks
Sandro

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Sandro L,

I thought you wanted a shortcut. My understanding is that you can do almost anything via scripts or API if you are savvy at programming. Unfortunately scripting or API experts are few and far between in this community. Tying to call one for you, perhaps he is available for a few minutes. @Jon_Gritton, you hear me?

Alternatively you may try the API forum here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api

The API guys left us more than 10 years ago ... Smiley Happy

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
May

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Couldn't find a solution so I started writing the scripts myself.

The first one is here: https://github.com/sandrolonardi/AdWords-Scripts

In the next days I'll share the other ones if anyone needs them.

Feedback on how to improve them is always welcome.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

That's highly appreciated, @Sandro L. True community spirit ... Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sandro, We have a tool over at revere.ai that automates this kind of monitoring and sends alerts to Slack. I'm always looking for more alerts to add in for people.

I'm curious about how you're defining 'important keywords.' Also, for ad position - which keywords would you care to know this about? All of them or a specific set?

Cheers!

Vanessa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vanessa,

We could add a label to the keywords we're interested in monitoring or it could be the converting ones.

Thanks

Sandro