AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pay per clicks translating to first page listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does pay per clicks translating into my site being listed on the first page when someone searches a keyword, does this take into account the region for which the search is conducted?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pay per clicks translating to first page listing

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Cal ,

Yes AdWords has the option of location targeting. However this depends by country. In some countries you can target at postal code level like the USA, in others you can target only the entire country.

Re: Pay per clicks translating to first page listing

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Cal,

If I understand your question correctly, are you asking if the region where the search is conducted affects the location and position of your Ad (specifically on the first page)? If this is a correct interpretation of your question, the short answer is "No". The longer answer is that your ad's position on the search page is determined by your Quality Score and your bid. If your not familiar with this process, I suggest you read these informative links Understanding ad position and Ad Rank and Getting your ads above Google search results on Google's Support page.