AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello eveyone, does pausing keywords affect my account in any way?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Pausing keywords

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bills4065,

Great question!

I am assuming you are pausing the keywords due to low Quality Score or they just isn't performing up to par. You should always keep in mind that what you do today will effect your quality score in the future.

So in essence the quality scores of these keywords will effect your quality score in the future. It takes time to improve the QS in AdWords accounts, but it can be done.

For additional information on paused/deleted Quality Scores - http://www.ppchero.com/when-to-pause-or-delete-ads-keywords-to-save-your-quality-scores/

If your campaign QS is low you may want to look up sources to improve the campaign QS.

I hope this is helpful.

Best,

Stefan T. Martinez

Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Pausing keywords

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bills4065,

Great question!

I am assuming you are pausing the keywords due to low Quality Score or they just isn't performing up to par. You should always keep in mind that what you do today will effect your quality score in the future.

So in essence the quality scores of these keywords will effect your quality score in the future. It takes time to improve the QS in AdWords accounts, but it can be done.

For additional information on paused/deleted Quality Scores - http://www.ppchero.com/when-to-pause-or-delete-ads-keywords-to-save-your-quality-scores/

If your campaign QS is low you may want to look up sources to improve the campaign QS.

I hope this is helpful.

Best,

Stefan T. Martinez

Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...