AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing keywords based on Business Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm looking for a script which would enable me to automatically pause and enable keywords based on the availability of products.

I'm already using Ad Customizer Data to generate ads, so I was wondering if I could use a script to use that same business data in AdWords (or the Google Sheet that feeds the data to AdWords) to pause keywords automatically when they go out of stock and enable them again automatically when they are available again.

I thought about pausing ads based on ad text (pause ads when ad text contains 'not available'), but since I'm using ad customizers, this would pause the ads for all my keywords, also those for products that are still available.

How could I get started with this, or is there a way around this using automated rules?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pausing keywords based on Business Data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Simon W if you want to link to an external docs spreadsheet (which is probably the easiest way to go) then Scripts is the way to do it as it's relatively easy (and common) for scripts to fetch/write data to these sheets.

What's the relationship between the sheet data and the Keywords, is it one-to-one?  So, for example, would "not available" (or a 0 stock level, or something) on Row 34 of the spreadsheet be associated with one particular Keyword?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Pausing keywords based on Business Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon_Gritton, thanks for answering.

The relationship at this moment would be one to one, another thought was to ad a product label or category label to a set of keywords. This would allow me to pause or enable keywords related to a product or category. 

Are there any similar scripts to the one I'm looking to create? 

If so, I might be able to modify it or use it as a base.