AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing Keywords Across Multiple Campaigns, Accounts & Yes even engines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My problem is this. Our account had to be broken up into multiple accounts due to the approx 1 million keyword per account limit. So no we have multiple account broken up by global region, then in those account we have multiple campaigns>Adgroups>keywords. The problem that we have speficially is that when we pause a keyword for in one campaign then we have to pause it in every single campaign per country and then also per country /desktop/mobile/tablet so this requires manually going through many campaigns. We've started using double click to help manage our account, but since this is an adwords community I won't even go into the diffuculties in managing these changes in MA from Double click. So my question is if anyone has had similiar problems and if they have devleoped a script to help keep everything synced or even a process for doing it manually that will help ensure accuracy. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pausing Keywords Across Multiple Campaigns, Accounts & Yes even engines

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kenyon; welcome;

Without knowing much about the business, I would comment the following:

Something is probably wrong with the account structure; No advertiser needs that many KWs for an effective campaign.. As you noticed, it is impossible to manage. And I would guess that 20% of the keywords bring most likely more than 80% of clicks and conversions.

Make sure that you comply with the criteria sets for multiple accounts per the double serving Policy; Otherwise, even big accounts can get suspended;..Smiley Surprised

And last : You should use the AdWords API to manage this account;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’