AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing Keywords Across Multiple Campaigns, Accounts & Yes even engines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My problem is this. Our account had to be broken up into multiple accounts due to the approx 1 million keyword per account limit. So no we have multiple account broken up by global region, then in those account we have multiple campaigns>Adgroups>keywords. The problem that we have speficially is that when we pause a keyword for in one campaign then we have to pause it in every single campaign per country and then also per country /desktop/mobile/tablet so this requires manually going through many campaigns. We've started using double click to help manage our account, but since this is an adwords community I won't even go into the diffuculties in managing these changes in MA from Double click. So my question is if anyone has had similiar problems and if they have devleoped a script to help keep everything synced or even a process for doing it manually that will help ensure accuracy. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pausing Keywords Across Multiple Campaigns, Accounts & Yes even engines

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kenyon; welcome;

Without knowing much about the business, I would comment the following:

Something is probably wrong with the account structure; No advertiser needs that many KWs for an effective campaign.. As you noticed, it is impossible to manage. And I would guess that 20% of the keywords bring most likely more than 80% of clicks and conversions.

Make sure that you comply with the criteria sets for multiple accounts per the double serving Policy; Otherwise, even big accounts can get suspended;..Smiley Surprised

And last : You should use the AdWords API to manage this account;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’