AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Pause campaigns when they reach a specific spend for the current month.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to pause specific campaigns when they individually reach a specific amount of spend for the current month.

I have an account with a large number of campaigns with specific budget for each month that i can't exceed.
I tried to find a script based on a spreadsheet data or label value without success.

Any ideas or even better a solution ?

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pause campaigns when they reach a specific spend for the current month.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,
It's simple use automatic rules for pausing campaign if they are reaching you budget/limit.
How to do that:- Use following option.

1. Select campaign which you want to pause/increase budget.
2. Click on Automate
3. Pause campaigns when
4. Put all details what criteria you wants to set as pause campaign.

Hope this solution will help you.

Thanks
Ashwani Kumar

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My campaigns have a monthly spend limit. I can't figure with criteria I can use to make this happen.
The "Cost" criteria is for the campaign duration, isn't it ?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Choose Cost as the Requirement

Then choose Daily for the Frequency (most people choose a time late at night) and Using Data From Same Month

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @quentin p you might also want to consider using a Script that'll control your fixed budget so that the Campaigns remain active across the entire month.  Using automated rules to pause them when they reach a limit is OK, but it does mean your Campaigns won't be running for a given period each month, which isn't ideal in terms of AdWords best practice.

An appropriate script could manage your Campaign budgets and spend so they spend almost exactly the amount you want them to each month, taking into account changes in spend each day, allowing your Ads to show throughout each month.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

That's what i'm looking for! But, my programming skills aren't good enough to do this with my bare hands.

I Was looking for a script that stops campaigns reaching a specific spend for the current month. First challenge, find a way for the script to grab data with max spend (variable) and check for a given campaign. I thinks something using Google sheets to set up for each campaign a specific spend limit.

Anyway, thanks all for yours helps.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi, Quentin - 

@Jon_Gritton is correct and a script could handle what you need. 

Although there may not be a free script out there that does what you want, there are people who will write you a specific script for a fee. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*