AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Paste same audiences into multiple ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Whether using editor or not, it seems that there is no simple way to apply the same audiences to multiple ad groups. If in editor I have to apply each audience one by one to all ad groups. If not in editor I can copy multiple audiences but have to apply these to each ad group one by one!

So, how can I copy one collection of audiences to all ad groups? 

Impossible? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Paste same audiences into multiple ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually it turns out in adwords you can paste multiple audiences into multiple ad groups if you select all the ad groups in the campaign first. Not perfect, but better than one by one.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
In Editor, select all the audiences you want to duplicate, and copy them (Edit > Copy or Ctrl+C). Then select, in the account tree on the left, all the ad groups you want to paste them into, and finally paste (Edit > Paste or Ctrl+V).

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This works only partially. E.g. you want to copy targeting attributes as well (e.g. Target and Bid). If you copy and paste in Editor, then default Bid Only targeting is used and you cannot change it. Unless I am missing something?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
"Target and Bid" vs "Bid only" is a property of the ad group, not of each individual criterion. Configure it on As Groups view, "Flexible Reach" pane.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
True. Thx! DZ