AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Past user to new Remarketing list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have installed analytics tag in my website one month ago.

Someone visited my website two days ago.

Today I have connected Analytics to Adwords and create Audience using Google Analytics Admin Dashboard.

Now the question.

The user who visits my website before I connected it to AdWords will be added to the remarketing list in Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ami G
September 2015

Re: Past user to new Remarketing list

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

There are two things to note here:

Users tracked by remarketing lists: GA code tracks users and saves them in the remarketing list created within GA. This wouldn't change based on when an AdWords account is linked with GA.

List being available in AdWords: This is possible only after GA and AdWords are linked.

Therefore tracking would happen even before GA is linked with AdWords. However the list would be available in AdWords only after linking. The list would include users who've visited your site since remarketing was enabled and doesn't depend on when the tools were linked.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ami G
September 2015

Re: Past user to new Remarketing list

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

There are two things to note here:

Users tracked by remarketing lists: GA code tracks users and saves them in the remarketing list created within GA. This wouldn't change based on when an AdWords account is linked with GA.

List being available in AdWords: This is possible only after GA and AdWords are linked.

Therefore tracking would happen even before GA is linked with AdWords. However the list would be available in AdWords only after linking. The list would include users who've visited your site since remarketing was enabled and doesn't depend on when the tools were linked.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar