AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Passing Keywords from destination URL to Landing Page <h1> title

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an Adwords campaign with some adgroups (red widget, blue widget, yellow widget etc)

All adgroup got ads that point to the same landing page.

Is it possible to edit the destination URL of the ads in each individual adgroup to pass keywords like Blue Widget,Yellow Widget etc, something like www.landingpage.com?keyword=BlueWidget.

The keyword at the end of the destination URL is pass to a heading on my landing page so that it appears "customized" for the adgroups.

Anyone?

Tan

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Passing Keywords from destination URL to Landing Page <h1> title

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Not sure. but you can add different landing page at keywords label and each keywords takes user to defined landing page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is not what I want to do.

I do not want to create similar landing pages with the same content.

I only need to set a parameter in the destination URL so i can pass it to the landing page title.

Anil_Singh wrote:
Not sure. but you can add different landing page at keywords label and each keywords takes user to defined landing page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jerry Marketing,

Are you looking for URL Builder?

- Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Jerry,

You can certainly do that, but you'll need to be careful.

The destination URL will look like this:

www.landingpage.com?keyword={keyword}.

Keyword will be replaced by the keyword on which you bid that was triggered by the search query. You will need to be certain when creating your keyword list that the keywords will make sense when show as an <h1>.. This is not considered "cloaking" and not a violation of AdWords policy.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

That's exactly what I meant and need.

Do you have the code or URL to the guide for how I can add the codes on my landing page?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Jerry,

Are you looking for the Javascript code that you would use to display the keyword(s)? That's a bit beyond the scope of this discussion.

Since you are going to place the keywords in an <h1> tag, be sure to enter them in proper case. If you want initial caps, enter your keywords that way.

There is no JS function to read individual cookies, document.cookie returns the whole string. You'll need to parse on the ;, then parse the individual cookies on the = sign. Then look at the cookie names to find the one you want. When you find it, place the value in the <h1>.

Here's  a function that returns the value, you input the name of the cookie. Place this is a script block on the page anywhere before the call.

function GetCookie(sName)
{
  // cookies are separated by semicolons
  var aCookie = document.cookie.split("; ");
  for (var i=0; i < aCookie.length; i++)
  {
    // a name/value pair (a crumb) is separated by an equal sign
    var aCrumb = aCookie[i].split("=");
    if (sName == aCrumb[0])
      return unescape(aCrumb[1]);
  }

Where you want to place the keyword, something like this: