AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Page Redirection Will effect to quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Recently, I have had to change our website structure and after that our site file names has been changed. My ads are still going to Old urls and I'm using 303 redirect to the new URLs. Since I heared that if we change the ads It will create a new ad ID to existing well perfoming Ads, I did not change Destination URLs of our ads. 

Can anybody answer me page redirection would effect the Qualty score of keywords ?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thuzi R
September 2015

Re: Page Redirection Will effect to quality score

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Thuzi R,

Why a 303 redirect? It's a permanent redirect, right? That should be a 301 instead.

No, that won't have a negative impact on your QS. It's still the same Display URL, keyword and ad. At some point, the AdBot will evaluate your "new" landing page. If it's roughly equivalent to the old page, that should not have negative imapct either.

Actually, this is how I normally recommend doing this after reorganizing a web site. Leave the destination URL's in place and do a 301 redirect to the new pages. You should really do this for all the pages on your site to retain PageRank as well. At some point you will want to update the destinations to the new locations.

Yes, when you change a destination URL it has the effect of deleting the current ad and creating a new one. That's not all bad. The history of the deleted ad is still available and any positive successes you have had with the campaign are still considered when establishing QS for a new keyword. What you may want to do with this is create new ads with the new destination URL's. That will allow your old destination URL to continue running whikl the new ad is being approved. After running at the same time for a while, take a look at the performance. If it is holding up, delete the old ads pointing to the old destination.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

The landing page is the web page the user lands after all redirects,

Redirects (e.g 301) is allowed .

Remember that the most important "component" of the QS is CTR. So that should not have effect on your QS

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thuzi R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Thuzi R,

Why a 303 redirect? It's a permanent redirect, right? That should be a 301 instead.

No, that won't have a negative impact on your QS. It's still the same Display URL, keyword and ad. At some point, the AdBot will evaluate your "new" landing page. If it's roughly equivalent to the old page, that should not have negative imapct either.

Actually, this is how I normally recommend doing this after reorganizing a web site. Leave the destination URL's in place and do a 301 redirect to the new pages. You should really do this for all the pages on your site to retain PageRank as well. At some point you will want to update the destinations to the new locations.

Yes, when you change a destination URL it has the effect of deleting the current ad and creating a new one. That's not all bad. The history of the deleted ad is still available and any positive successes you have had with the campaign are still considered when establishing QS for a new keyword. What you may want to do with this is create new ads with the new destination URL's. That will allow your old destination URL to continue running whikl the new ad is being approved. After running at the same time for a while, take a look at the performance. If it is holding up, delete the old ads pointing to the old destination.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords