AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

PLA Keyword Targeting Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've run into a road block with optimizing some of our products in the data feed for a desired keyword phrase. I've optimized titles and descriptions to reflect the desired phrase, and i've also increased bids on the auto target for that desired keyword dramatically. We also have a good CTR on the mentioned auto target. However, none of these optimizations seem to be resulting in our product(s) being displayed for our desired keyword. Any suggestions on how to optimize PLA's for desired keywords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan B
September 2015

Re: PLA Keyword Targeting Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ryan,

As far as my understanding goes and you must be aware of the fact that PLA campaigns don't use the keywords to show ads, rather your merchant center feed is the real key behind pushing the PLAs in your campaign. 

As far as optimization goes, you might include the negative keywords if you want so that your PLA ad don't show up for any particular terms if you want.

Also, you might add specific product targets from your merchant center feed using any of these attributes like id, product type, brand, condition etc...

Find more details about optimization of your PLA campaign here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456108

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ryan,

As far as my understanding goes and you must be aware of the fact that PLA campaigns don't use the keywords to show ads, rather your merchant center feed is the real key behind pushing the PLAs in your campaign. 

As far as optimization goes, you might include the negative keywords if you want so that your PLA ad don't show up for any particular terms if you want.

Also, you might add specific product targets from your merchant center feed using any of these attributes like id, product type, brand, condition etc...

Find more details about optimization of your PLA campaign here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456108

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I do understand that PLA's don't use keywords, and I have been optimizing the data feed extensively for the desired keyword phrase. I also have an auto target set up for the product category in question. I have other product targets that I've successfully optimized for desired keywords, but this one simply isn't cooperating.