AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

PLA: CPA Product specific

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

in a catalog with more than 5000 products, we can not assign one CPA target across the entire inventory.

How do you manage PLAs with CPA bidding and still be specific to varying margins&product prices?

I am hoping on your willingness to share your experience.

Theoretically i would have to:

Modify the Product-Feed to include a column *adwordsGroupings* for example, where i assign a specific max CPA for each individual product.

Since CPA is only available on campaign wide settings, i would have to make a campaign for each CPA and in the Produkt-Targets for my PLA, create one product target groupoing all *adwordsGroupings* with a specific CPA?

Seems insanely cumbersome.

Is there a better way to manager margins, product prices and varying CPAs in a large inventory?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: PLA: CPA Product specific

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Thank you for posting!

Traditionally, target CPA or Conversion Optimizer is not compatible with product listing ads.  If you were a participant of the (now closed) CPA% beta for product listing ads, we would encourage you to reach out to your sales strategist for more insight on how best to implement this in your specific account.

With the current configuration of product listing ad campaigns, we would recommend creating different product targets for different groups of items within your data feed, based on the return that they bring in; then, you can set your CPC bids for each product target accordingly.  For example, you may want to create product targets (using the AdWords label attribute in your data feed) for products that bring in high, medium, and low return, and set strategic bids for each.  You can check out more product listing ad bidding strategies in this resource.  

Please feel free to reach out to the AdWords support team with any specific questions you might have about implementing strategic bids in your account.

Have a great day!

Kelly

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Great quetion Floshkit,

When i was reading your question, i was thinking about solution same as you shared in your question itself. But it is not practically advisable.

Why don't you go for CPC campaign and manage bids using auto target by including two column in your feed named adwords_labels (for grouping price) and adwords_grouping (product category) ?

I am sure you are aware of Auto targeting in PLA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
hi

what about using a flexible strategy such as roas ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JulianaS (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Thank you for posting!

Traditionally, target CPA or Conversion Optimizer is not compatible with product listing ads.  If you were a participant of the (now closed) CPA% beta for product listing ads, we would encourage you to reach out to your sales strategist for more insight on how best to implement this in your specific account.

With the current configuration of product listing ad campaigns, we would recommend creating different product targets for different groups of items within your data feed, based on the return that they bring in; then, you can set your CPC bids for each product target accordingly.  For example, you may want to create product targets (using the AdWords label attribute in your data feed) for products that bring in high, medium, and low return, and set strategic bids for each.  You can check out more product listing ad bidding strategies in this resource.  

Please feel free to reach out to the AdWords support team with any specific questions you might have about implementing strategic bids in your account.

Have a great day!

Kelly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

Please, can you use ROAS flexible strategy or not on PLA ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@mozllo

Please visit this link to learn everything about ROAS https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071

Answer to your question => They did not mention about PLA but they clearly mentioned that the ROAS strategy can't be used for "Display Network only - Mobile apps" campaign type."

I never implemented it previously for PLA but i think it should work! I am working on it and will share my feedback soon.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Tks a lot Jignesh , fine !

Look forward your feedback on it !

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Mozllo,

Were you able to resolve your CPA issue with the feedback from the community? Thanks.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello john Paul,

Yes but look for the first feedback from using ROAS with PLA, as this flexible strategy is quite new..Is ROAS really reliable ?

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
Mozllo,

If implemented correctly, absolutely.