AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

PLA Ad Not Showing ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have created PlA Campaign for 4 products.All 4 products have different Adgroups within same campaign and all are targeted by id. 3 Products are working ok.But i am not seeing my PLA Ad for 4th product and moreover the adgroup is showing 11 impressions. How it is possible. There is no problem in Data feed.

Why My PLA is not showing Please Clarify? How to show the PLA Ad.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: PLA Ad Not Showing ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jatinder,

So the 4th product is showing, because it has 11 impressions, but you can't get it to trigger in your Google searches; is that a correct understanding of your position?

You should always use the ad preview tool, to see what 'real' users would see. If you're in your AdWords account, go to: tools and analysis > ad preview & diagnosis > enter your desired search location and domain, and do a keyword search. You may see your PLA ad that way, but to be 100% honest I'm not sure that the preview tool always shows PLA ads, even if they're triggering in real life.

You have to do it this way because when you do your google searches normally, Google changes your search results based on your previous searching behaviour and also if you're signed in to Google, so these preview ads are the truest view of what people are actually seeing.

I hope this helps.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sir You have not understand my problem. My 4th ad is not showing.Please read carefully ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there,

I read this section of your question carefully, 

"But i am not seeing my PLA Ad for 4th product and moreover the adgroup is showing 11 impressions."

To me that tells me that you don't see your 4th product / ad when you search, but you see that it is receiving stats in the impressions.

As such I don't understand your question or response, so I hope that someone else sees this thread and can be of more use to you.

Regards

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yes the Ad Preview should show PLA . There is a trick explained here in message 3 :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/How-to-preview-product-listing-ads-in-google-adwo...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks for clarifying on my point of uncertainty @Adrian B, alas it seems I was off track and it's a moot point in this instance now ;-)

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think you were off track. 11 impressions is very little traffic.

I would look at changed bids , there could have been higher bids when impressions were accumulated and probably now the bid is smaller and the impressions stopped, even in the Ad Preview.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Actually the PLA ad is not showing in google search also....how it is getting impressions...

I actually wanna know that if the ad is getting impression ...it means it is live ...but it not showing whenever i search in google.......how its possible....

or Should i make changes to PLA to view it .....

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
OK so it seems I did understand your question. If it's getting impressions, it is showing, and you're just not seeing it when you do your search.

This is precisely why I recommended that you use the ad preview tool. For this purpose you don't need to make changes to the campaign, other than what Adrian has already suggested which includes increasing your bid.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If the bid is very low the following thing happens : Let's say that for a high bid your Ad can show 1000 times per day and for a low bid it can show only 10 times. 

If you set a low bid you basically do not show for 1000-10 = 990 searches that day. If you do a live search, there are high chances that you do not see the Ad because you could "have the bad luck" of  matching one of the 990 searches when the system does not display the Ad because of low bid.

The only method to view if your Ad is live is through the Ad Preview tool. Have you tried this tool ?

If you see 11 reported impressions, your Ad is live, but not very often.