AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

PCP or Quality Score?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody!

I wanna know what realy matter to my ads be on the top? Is the PCP or the Quality Score?

Because I thought that how much more is the cost of PCP... more I would be between the first ones!

But, if I understand well... when I have a higher Quality Score, less I'll pay for a click... that's right?

Then, I'm a little confused... because I thought that if I pay more I would be on the top, but now I've read that if I have a good Quality Score to my keywords, less I'll pay per click... So, what realy matter?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: PCP or Quality Score?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adriano and welcome to the forum.  The answer is they're both right!

Your Ad position is determined using both your CPC (cost per click) and your Quality Score.  Let's take an example where yoiur Keyword has a Quality Score of 7/10 and your CPC is $1.  My Keyword has a Quality Score of 6/10 and my CPC is also $1.

In the auction, my effective CPC is $0.60 - $1 x 6/10 (CPC x Quality Score).  Your effective CPC is $0.70 ($1 x 7/10).  So in this auction you'd be above me in the rankings.    

If I increase my CPC to $1.50, my effective CPC becomes $0.90 (1.50 x 6/10) so then I'd be top.  But if you could increase your Quality Score to 10/10, your effective CPC would become $1 and you'd be on top again without paying any more for CPC.

In this way it's possible to pay less than someone else and be above them in the rankings.  This is why a good Quality Score is important.

Does this help?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adriano and welcome to the forum.  The answer is they're both right!

Your Ad position is determined using both your CPC (cost per click) and your Quality Score.  Let's take an example where yoiur Keyword has a Quality Score of 7/10 and your CPC is $1.  My Keyword has a Quality Score of 6/10 and my CPC is also $1.

In the auction, my effective CPC is $0.60 - $1 x 6/10 (CPC x Quality Score).  Your effective CPC is $0.70 ($1 x 7/10).  So in this auction you'd be above me in the rankings.    

If I increase my CPC to $1.50, my effective CPC becomes $0.90 (1.50 x 6/10) so then I'd be top.  But if you could increase your Quality Score to 10/10, your effective CPC would become $1 and you'd be on top again without paying any more for CPC.

In this way it's possible to pay less than someone else and be above them in the rankings.  This is why a good Quality Score is important.

Does this help?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Both Matter Adriano.

However, from a practical POV. I would recommend that as a first priority fix your account Quality Score (QS). Subsequently, you should look to increase your bids (CPC). If your QS is not in place, you will surely end up paying big monies to Google. Generally, a QS of 7 & 7+ is considered good. 6 is not not bad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah... Thanks Jon! (And sorry because I wrote wrong... it's not 'PCP' it's CPC... Sorry!Smiley Embarassed

I understood well, but what exactly the Quality Score evaluates to be a good score?

The Quality Score it's about my landing page?

My landing page needs to be good only for me, to have good returns or needs to be good to help me to pay less per click?

Tks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Could you please let me know how to  measure  ECPC and  where  this  term  often  appear,Please