AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Overlapping Adwords Campaign Groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is it possible to have one campaign in multiple campaign groups? I want to use the groups to measure metrics via product type and via campaign type, but it seems like you can't enter a campaign into a second campaign group.

Thoughts?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Overlapping Adwords Campaign Groups

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

AdWords accounts are organized like this:  Campaign(s) contain Ad Group(s) which contains Keywords & Ads

Can you explain again what you're trying to do?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to have campaigns in multiple campaign groups. Campaign groups is new, and is mostly just for tracking (so far), but I was hoping to have campaign groups that overlapped (ie a red bike campaign in a red campaign group and a bike campaign group). Do you know if that's possible?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Allison M;

If you are referring to the newly launched option to group campaigns into a common goal - then  a campaign can be assigned to only one campaign group. The reasoning is that  all campaigns belong to a one campaign group have a common objective (e.g. Conversions). If you assign one campaign into two campaign groups, then  goals (e.g. Conversions) could be counted twice.

Have you found this structure helpful? I personally prefer the classic  structure, as mentioned by @Theresa_Zook: each campaign is measured for its own ROI / goals.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, that makes sense. I usually look at campaigns individually, but I've been working on a larger account recently and wanted to see if I can look at campaign groups to see how lead gen campaigns are doing (for example), as well as how in-stream campaigns are doing overall. I would like there to be overlapping capabilities though, because without it I can find the same metrics through filtering just as easily as the new campaign group functionality.