AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Other advertisers products under my ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I searched for one of the keywords we are bidding on and our ad was the top ad - the only one showing above the naturals. The ad was displayed correctly, but underneath it (within the beige coloured ad box) were what looked like a product extension showing 3 products from other advertisers. This made it look like they were attributed to our ad. Why has this happened? Is Google testing something here?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Razzie50
September 2015

Re: Other advertisers products under my ad?

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor

Hello again Razzie50,

Tom is bang on target!

I think you shouldn't be worried about it until there are different links to those ads.

I have seen Google experimenting a lot especially with the top ads. So you never know that might be a part of this Smiley Happy

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Razzie50,

Welcome to the community!

Is it the three products usually seen on the top right corner of page? (See the picture below)

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the welcome, and congratulations on becoming a top contributor.

It may well be the product listing ads you have shown, but they are not appearing in the top right hand corner like I've normally seen them. They are where you have drawn the arrow but look like they belong to my ad (possibly because it is the only ad showing in the top position)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Razzie50, 

Thanks for the congratulations.

Do the images you are seeing have a URL and title assigned to them like the product listing ads on the right side? I think they are appearing below your ad due to the fact you are the only qualifier to be placed above the natural listing, so the fact there is only one (your) ad then there is room for the images to be placed where there are usually another two ads.

This is speculation though as I don't think I have come across it before, hopefully other members of the community can confirm what I have said or shed light on what's happening.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Razzie50,

I have also not observed the Product listing ads just below the top Google ads. Instead they are visible towards right side.

Could you please confirm whether the listing you are seeing have some heading

like Shopping Results for .....

Or Ads- Why these ads?

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Everyone...

I think I have a relevant example here and I would say that these are product ads, just in a different place.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

That's exactly how I imagined it, good find Tom.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's almost like that, but slightly different format. There are 3 pictures in a horizontal row, each with a link, a price and a shop name underneath. I can't replicate it for any other products so I couldn't get a screenshot without revealing my client, and I have no photoshop skills to blur it!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad test

Sorry for the absolutely awful editing. I thought it was easier to show you

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Razzie,

I would say that regardless of format...I think this may be a new format but normal integration of ads.  Not much you can do there.  There is no real association with your client here as there are links for each product.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’