AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Organizing my adgroups by paused keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several keywords that I have paused due to low performance. I've paused them instead of deleted them because I want to keep the data and be able to referene that keywords performance. However, it's junked up my reports and makes it hard to view my eligible keywords when they're mingled with several paused words.

Should I create a Paused ad group for each ad group where I can move those paused keywords to so I can clean up my reports? Or is this a bad idea?

Thanks,

Jenny

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Organizing my adgroups by paused keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pearl5,

There is no need to create a diiferent ad group for paused ad. The solution is that when you go on your keyword tab than click on Status than you'll be able to see all eligible or not paused keywords on top and when you again click on that Status Column the paused or not eligible keywords will show on top. 

There is one more solution just add a label to your paused keywords and filter them.

Hope this help !

Regards

-Vicky

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pearl!

You could also delete those keywords. However, if you choose to show "All keywords", rather than "All but deleted", you will still be able to see their stats (don´t forget to choose appliable date range : )
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Jenny,

You can run a Filter on your keywords to show only active keywords and then download the report.

See the Keywords tab and look for the Filter button.

Kim

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi there, 

There are some great ideas here on how to see the keywords that you want to and hide less useful ones! 

Using labels is a good idea, and makes use of this neat new feature! This link gives you some more information on labels if you're interested in this.

You could also filter by status (as already suggested on this thread), to show only the active keywords or only the paused keywords. This link gives some handy tips on creating filters.

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! I didn't know how to create labels. Thanks for sending the link.