AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Optimizing Re-Marketing Campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I have a client account that I recently starting working in, it was all pre-set up and existing before I came on board. My question, Based on the layout I displayed, would it make more optimizing sense to break the adgroups in to their own campaigns?  second question, What is the best way to reach potential customers without adding "all visitors" to all of my re-marketing adgroups? I cannot get this campaign to spend money and I believe the re-marketing is working against itself, is this correct? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

PS: I am in the retail auto industry

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W
February 2016

Re: Optimizing Re-Marketing Campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi David,

I think the best way to setup remarketing campaigns is to have each goal/target in its own campaign instead of ad group. For example, setup lists or campaigns for the goal of generating sales, another campaign for educating users once they come back after visiting once, another for generating other soft conversions in your mid-funnel audience segment. Then grouping similar types of ads/creative as ad groups underneath the blanket campaign. This will allow you to better budget and spend. You may not even need all of these to start off with. Try breaking out the top 3-4 into campaigns first that have the largest lists.

Have you tried building out Remarketing lists within Analytics? This gives you (in my opinion) an easier way to see how big your list is as you build and makes it easier to find new pages or goals to tag.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W
February 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi David,

I think the best way to setup remarketing campaigns is to have each goal/target in its own campaign instead of ad group. For example, setup lists or campaigns for the goal of generating sales, another campaign for educating users once they come back after visiting once, another for generating other soft conversions in your mid-funnel audience segment. Then grouping similar types of ads/creative as ad groups underneath the blanket campaign. This will allow you to better budget and spend. You may not even need all of these to start off with. Try breaking out the top 3-4 into campaigns first that have the largest lists.

Have you tried building out Remarketing lists within Analytics? This gives you (in my opinion) an easier way to see how big your list is as you build and makes it easier to find new pages or goals to tag.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Jordan,
This is great information! Thank you so much!