AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

One more question: beating "similar ranking display urls"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Another one of our ads has a QS of 10 and stops showing at various points throughout the day because another "higher ranking ad with a similar display url" is being shown. 

How can I increase my QS score any more than 10? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One more question: beating "similar ranking display urls"

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Unfortunately you cannot increase quality score more than 10.

Also please note ads do not have Quality Score.

Instead if you have them ads in separate ad groups then it would be better to restrict the ads to show for the keywords by using negative keywords. This way you can intend to show the correct ads to show.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: One more question: beating "similar ranking display urls"

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Firethorne,

There's a difference between QS and ad rank, and that difference is your bid. If you have "higher ranking ad with a similar display url" and a QS of 10, that means you are being outbid. You can't increase the QS over 10, but you can increase your bid.

BTW, ads do have a QS. You don't actually ever see this score. It is indicated when you hover over your keywords (in a search campaign) as relevance. Ad relevance is mostly revealed at the keyword level and indicates relevance of the ad to the keyword. the UI will indicate If the keyword/Ad is above, at, or below average "relevance". That really means your CTR as compared to potential competitors and to your accoumt overall.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords