AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

One Campaign Randomly Stopped Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A branded campaign randomly stopped showing ads yesterday.  When I go to the diagnosis I get this message:  "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen."  The location I selected was New Jersey.  

The ads have around 40% CTR and 10/10 quality score, so that definitely isn't an issue.  None of my other campaigns have this issue.

I initally had one ad that was giving these errors:

• Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.
  • In addition to campaign targeting, you've used ad-level location extensions to restrict where your ads show. You can set a specific location to diagnose or preview these ads.

Since it was giving me those errors, I added another ad several days ago without the location extension.  This one is giving me the "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen."

I tried changing the location the campaign was targeting from New Jersey to 40 mile radius from a city in New Jersey with no luck.

Anyone seen or experienced this issue before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One Campaign Randomly Stopped Showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maembe, these messages simply indicate that the display of these Ads is limited to the locations mentioned, which is normal, they don't mean the Ads or the Campaign have stopped working.  You'd typically see these messages if you used the Ad Preview tool and specified a location outside of the targeted area.

Are you actually in New Jersey?  If you are it's possible Google thinks you're not.

Do you have any other evidence to suggest the Ad(s) aren't being shown?  What do you see in your AdWords interface for impressions, clicks, etc.?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used the ad diagnosis tool and entered the brand name for the query.  I got this error message:

Your ad is not showing for the keyword ...

• Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.What can I do?
  • In addition to campaign targeting, you've used ad-level location extensions to restrict where your ads show. You can set a specific location to diagnose or preview these ads.What can I do?

Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: [Location in the Wrong State] United States

Apparently the brand name is also the name of a city in another state, so this apparently confuses Google.  Is there anything I can do about this aside from adding a city in a different state to the campaign locations?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Maembe, a good step forward would be for you to read and understand my original reply.  These messages relate to your physical location, or the location you've set for the Ad Preview, they do not indicate the Ad(s) are not being shown.

Please answer the following questions:

1.  What does your AdWords interface report for these Ads in terms of impressions/clicks yesterday/today?

2.  Where are you physically and what settings are you using for location in the Preview tool?

These messages merely say, as I've already said, that your Ad is only being shown in a certain geographical region.  This does not mean that your Ad is not being shown.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1) 0 clicks, 0 impressions

2)  Physical location is not in area, my selected location is in area.  

Again, from my previous post I am getting this message in the diagnosis tool:

because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: [location out of campaign area that coincidentially matches my brands name]