AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Old problem/no solution : sudden increase in clicks and charges.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After many years of steady volume of impressions and CPC and without any changes in the campaign suddenly got a huge increase in impressions and CPC without any increase in sales. Website statistic from my provider looks exactly the same as before. I saw the same problem posted earlier "Astronomical increase in non-relevant impressions and clicks ... after 7 "  but no solution.Another one: "I am seeing huge increase in clicks. Charges are much higher but no no change in number of calls".  Any new thoughts?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Old problem/no solution : sudden increase in clicks and charges.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
I would first look into the impressions, check the match types and the keywords triggering the ad.

A good place to start is the search query report, which will give you some idea what users search for, and which keywords  trigger your ad. Analyze this report, to narrow the list of keywords; adjust match types, and add negative keywords, so only relevant search queries will be matched to keywords (and trigger the ad).

After finishing this stage, we can go further the road, and try to understand why there are  clicks but no conversions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Old problem/no solution : sudden increase in clicks and charges.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sergey, further to Moshe's advice I would also suggest you check your Location Targeting.  Google recently changed the default targeting to include people searching for items within your targeted location (the previous default was simply for people actually in your targeted location).  So, for example, if you had previously set "Texas" as your location, the default was to only show your Ads to people Google determined as being in Texas whereas now your Ads could show to anyone in the world who expresses an interest in Texas, regardless of where they are.

All that may be required is to change your targeting settings to specifically say "People in my targeted location".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits