AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Old Adwords interface - Image ad templates gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure what is going on.
In the old interface, when I click on +AD and choose "Image ad" > "Create an ad", I get redirected to "Responsive ad" creation form, meaning I can not use templates to create a HTML5 Image ad.

When I try to edit an ad that was created using a template, it gets opened in the "responsive ad" editor - no option to change the layout, color scheme...

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2991648?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en&oco=0
"Get custom ad ideas" is gone from the old Adwords interface. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Correct;

All past formats have been converted to responsive.

Have you tried "ads form Gallery"?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to change the color scheme with responsive ads - to make a unique look? A way to make a custom CTA text - currently it says Visits Site and I am not able to change it? 
A way to exclude native and text display formats? A way to get reports for each format native/image/text? 

I am still able to create an ad from
"Ad gallery">"General purpose ads">"Blank template" - but it creates six HTML5 ads - one for each size, missing the 300x600 size. And when I open a "Preview ad" of one size, I can see all the sizes not just one. 

I'm puzzled. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A web-designer prepares the ads for me, but to my recollection the color scheme of a responsive  ad is based on the colors of the image you upload.

I'll have to check about the missing size.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’