AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Old Adwords interface - Image ad templates gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure what is going on.
In the old interface, when I click on +AD and choose "Image ad" > "Create an ad", I get redirected to "Responsive ad" creation form, meaning I can not use templates to create a HTML5 Image ad.

When I try to edit an ad that was created using a template, it gets opened in the "responsive ad" editor - no option to change the layout, color scheme...

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2991648?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en&oco=0
"Get custom ad ideas" is gone from the old Adwords interface. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Correct;

All past formats have been converted to responsive.

Have you tried "ads form Gallery"?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to change the color scheme with responsive ads - to make a unique look? A way to make a custom CTA text - currently it says Visits Site and I am not able to change it? 
A way to exclude native and text display formats? A way to get reports for each format native/image/text? 

I am still able to create an ad from
"Ad gallery">"General purpose ads">"Blank template" - but it creates six HTML5 ads - one for each size, missing the 300x600 size. And when I open a "Preview ad" of one size, I can see all the sizes not just one. 

I'm puzzled. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A web-designer prepares the ads for me, but to my recollection the color scheme of a responsive  ad is based on the colors of the image you upload.

I'll have to check about the missing size.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’