AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Offline conversions - one gclid, two conversion goals

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello community,

I have a client whose tracking offline conversions from AdWords and importing those conversions to AdWords. If I create new conversion action and upload some of these conversions - same gclid, conversion time, but different conversion action name. Are these going to get uploaded to AdWords account under this new conversion action in AdWords or it won't be uploaded because conversion with the same gclid has been already uploaded previously to the other conversion action?

first conversion action - all registrations

second conversion action - registered and even purchased product - so uploading feed with these conversions means the GCLID will be the same with first conversion action.

Cheers,

Tomáš

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
May 2016

Re: Offline conversions - one gclid, two conversion goals

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alex, how are things?

Alex Ander wrote:

If I create new conversion action and upload some of these conversions - same gclid, conversion time, but different conversion action name. Are these going to get uploaded to AdWords account under this new conversion action in AdWords or it won't be uploaded because conversion with the same gclid has been already uploaded previously to the other conversion action?

Short answer: It will be uploaded.

Adwords doesn't verify if that conversion with a certain GCLID already exists in the account. If you have that conversion over Conversion 1 and then upload again to Conversion 2 you will have the same conversion counting for both conversion actions, so watch out for not having duplicated conversions in your account.

Hope this helps.

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
May 2016

Re: Offline conversions - one gclid, two conversion goals

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alex, how are things?

Alex Ander wrote:

If I create new conversion action and upload some of these conversions - same gclid, conversion time, but different conversion action name. Are these going to get uploaded to AdWords account under this new conversion action in AdWords or it won't be uploaded because conversion with the same gclid has been already uploaded previously to the other conversion action?

Short answer: It will be uploaded.

Adwords doesn't verify if that conversion with a certain GCLID already exists in the account. If you have that conversion over Conversion 1 and then upload again to Conversion 2 you will have the same conversion counting for both conversion actions, so watch out for not having duplicated conversions in your account.

Hope this helps.

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click