AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Number of lines on any advert

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I'm a virgin to GOOGLE ADWORDS so please be patient and gentle.  I've got 2 questions and would appreciate any body's help before I bleed dry Smiley Happy

1 Qs. Its regarding the number of lines in the ad.  I was told there are only 3 lines allowed but after setting up my advert (I'm now on 3rd advert in the pink box but no calls as yet) I see another advert advertising the same product/service as me but he has 4 lines on his advert:

The Title in bold purple (1st line)

The url link in bold green (2nd line)

Description in black (3rd lne)

Additional line in blue (4th line)

Is that possible and how?

My 2nd Qs:

On my title line there is a singular line that breaks up the title line in 2 parts.  Yesterday my advert had that line with 2 parts and today there is no singular line hence no 2nd part.  Why is that so?  

The 2nd part that I spoke about is found when I go to 'Ads' sub-menu and try to edit the ad.  Its in the 4th field/box just above the url field/box and I cant seem to change the content.  When I do the box turns red.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Much Thanks.

Shannan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Number of lines on any advert

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
  1. Additional line in blue (4th line) : are extensions like sitelinks. There are other types of extensions, you can check out both links 

I am not sure I understand your 2nd question can you elaborate with example?
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Welcome to Adwords Community Shannan!

Nick is totally Right... Additional line in blue (4th line) are sitelink Extension. This feature help you to show additional link or pages of your website.

Below link will h elp you to undersatnd this features:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375416

I also didn't undersatnd your second Question. It will be great if you can elaborate it in Deep.

Thanks
Anchal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
  1. Additional line in blue (4th line) : are extensions like sitelinks. There are other types of extensions, you can check out both links 

I am not sure I understand your 2nd question can you elaborate with example?
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Welcome to Adwords Community Shannan!

Nick is totally Right... Additional line in blue (4th line) are sitelink Extension. This feature help you to show additional link or pages of your website.

Below link will h elp you to undersatnd this features:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375416

I also didn't undersatnd your second Question. It will be great if you can elaborate it in Deep.

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

im raj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Please show us the screenshot of the part that you cannot edit & marked in red .

We will be happy to help you further!

Meanwhile,

Here is a sample of ads displayed on top of the page:

Google AdWords | Google.com

www.google.com/AdWords

Set Your Budgets, & Pay Only For Results. Get Started Today.

Here is a sample of ads displayed on the right hand side.

1. AdWords PPC
    adwords.google.com/
    Get Measurable Results With AdWords
    Place Your Ad On Google Today!

Note: Since you mentioned you were on the pink box(the golden spots), the extra line that you see below the third line is called an AD EXTENSION.

There are four kinds of AD EXTENSION.

1.LOCATION EXTENSION

Help nearby consumers find or call your nearest storefront

2.CALL EXTENSION

Connect users to your business directly by phone

3.LINK EXTENSION

Promote additional pages within your site beyond your main ad landing page

4.SOCIAL EXTENSION

Link your Google Plus and have +1 annotations on both the Google Search and Display Networks.

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Shannan,

I think Anchal has already answered your first question. and regarding your second question when your ad appears on First position (Top of the search result ad) your first description line sometimes show up a Title hence you notice that its a long description, but when it appears on right side of the page ad it shows as usual 25/35/35 ad. 

And when you try to change the content of that description line it exceeds the character limit and hence turns red. I would suggest you please go throught Adwords learning center once and read all the chapters so you can get the most out of Adwords Smiley Happy