6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Notice On Of Review Extensions Going Away February 2018

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just received a notice that my review extensions will not be showing starting February 2018. Anyone know why? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi George! 

Google is going to remove the 'Review Extension Feature' comepletely as of very soon. Nobody will be able to use review extensions with their campaigns anymore and the old extensions will first stop showing and will then be deleted shortly after. 

Therefore I would advise you to store your data from the review extensions somewhere externally, if you would like to use it for future optimization etc. 

Here is an article with more information regarding this update:

https://searchengineland.com/google-sunsetting-adwords-review-extensions-289595

I hope this answers your question!

Kind regards,

Nora

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
4d

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Review extensions have always been hard to actually qualify for, so not a lot of advertisers can use the feature. It's likely just a cost/benefit vs. effectiveness issue, and Google just doesn't see the benefit to advertisers or users to continue the feature.

Tom

Re: Notice On Of Review Extensions Going Away February 2018

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi George,

AdWords states the following...

Review extensions will no longer show with ads starting January 2018.

In February 2018, review extensions will be deleted along with their performance data. To save this data, download an extensions report by going to Extensions on the Ads & extensions page in AdWords. If you’d like to continue showing more information with your ads, we recommend using sitelinks, callouts, and structured snippets extensions.

So that is the nuts & bolts of this. AdWords is a platform about constant change and features are always coming and going. Always seek info directly from Google resources. As Tom stated, there is a balance that AdWords is always seeking. We will likely see a new extension added in.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone for the answers.