AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Not sure why ads were disapproved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I just had two ads disapproved for the "[Display URL] One display URL domain per ad group" reason and am not sure why. I must not be clear on the rule.

My display URL is:      www.michigangifts.net

My destination URL is: www.michigangifts.net/michigangift1

Both have the root of www.michigangifts.net so I thought this was okay?

The destination URL is a page I made using Instapage. I installed the Instapage plugin on my website and pushed this page to my Wordpress install, so the page is actually a legit page on my website as far as I know, with no redirects.

Any insight you could offer would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Jesse

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Not sure why ads were disapproved?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your example is OK - that's not the reason.

check to make sure that all the ads in the ad group (and just to be on the safe side - check the paused and deleted ads) have the exact same display url.

Just as a further comment - your display url can have up to 35 characters and need not have the www.

you can also use capitalization so you might want to consider something like
MichiganGifts.net/SummerSpecials

Of course, then make sure that all the ads in the ad group have the same ;-)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jesse,

Same question as Steve, do you have more than one ad in the group? Are the display domains different for the 2 ads? That's what this message is about.

But I took a look at your site. You are going to have more problems. Sites "under construction" are not allowed. Your home page says "We'll soon be launching a cool new online store selling gifts from Michigan!". That's going to be an issue sooner or later.

Next problem is the landing page. It really doesn't say a thing about what you are doing and offers a chance at a $100 gift card if you sign up. This will likely be seen as "information harvesting", which is also prohibited.

I think you have a bit of work to do before you are ready to advertise.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your example is OK - that's not the reason.

check to make sure that all the ads in the ad group (and just to be on the safe side - check the paused and deleted ads) have the exact same display url.

Just as a further comment - your display url can have up to 35 characters and need not have the www.

you can also use capitalization so you might want to consider something like
MichiganGifts.net/SummerSpecials

Of course, then make sure that all the ads in the ad group have the same ;-)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jesse,

Same question as Steve, do you have more than one ad in the group? Are the display domains different for the 2 ads? That's what this message is about.

But I took a look at your site. You are going to have more problems. Sites "under construction" are not allowed. Your home page says "We'll soon be launching a cool new online store selling gifts from Michigan!". That's going to be an issue sooner or later.

Next problem is the landing page. It really doesn't say a thing about what you are doing and offers a chance at a $100 gift card if you sign up. This will likely be seen as "information harvesting", which is also prohibited.

I think you have a bit of work to do before you are ready to advertise.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve and Pete,

Thanks so much! I appreciate the insight!

Yep, I did have other (paused) ads in the ad group with a different URL. I'll create another ad group to see if I can get them approved.

And thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to try to add some more content and make the site more "worthy" soon. I was just hoping to get some input from our potential customers on what sort of products to start with before we start buying inventory but it's good to know that this may be frowned upon. I definitely don't want to break any rules.

Thanks again!

Jesse

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Jesse,

Looks like you are on the right track. Paused ads still get reviewed and must remain in compliance with AdWords policies. Deleted ads are not reviewed. If you don't plan on starting up your paused ads again, just delete those ads. Then make a minor change in your new ad to trigger a review.

I normally recommend at least 2 ads in each group, one "control" and one "test". Watch them for a while, delete or pause the "loser", then try again.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome, will do. Thanks Pete!