AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Not showing ads when another company is showing ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

To optimize, I want to know how to exclude showing my ads if a particular company's ad is appearing in the page.

For example I simply don't want to show any ads if Norton company is showing any anti-virus ads in a particular page. Their appearance with show me that it is wrong place for me to show ads as my product is mutually exclusive or exact opposite of Norton's products and assuming Norton is better managing and optimizing their ads given it is a large company with expert Adwords team running their ads.

Re: Not showing ads when another company is showing ad

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

There isn't a setting that I know of that can exclude you from the auction if another company is appearing but there are ways to help you see who is advertising on your keywords.

Auction insights were launched recently and this will show you which companies are bidding and appearing on your keywords and how often it is happening.

To get this data you need to go to your keywords tab, tick the box beside the keyword you want to check and then go to keyword details and then auction insights. This will give you some really good data but you can only do one keyword at a time so if you have a lot of keywords it could take a while to go through.

I hope this helps you.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

purefuzz is right about the options inside of adwords.

However, IMHO I do not really like the new auction insights. It triggers way too late.

For some of my campaings I can see this data, which generated 1000 impressions in the last 7 days.

Any other campaigns that created less impressions in the last 7 days (taken into consideration that auction insigths is just live for about 7 days Smiley Wink ) do not offer any auction insight.

So when I would need it the most, on campaign starting time and on low impression but low CPA campaigns, the feature is not available.

So I would recommend to go to a search-metrics vendor like searchmetrics, sistrix etc. and use one of their toolboxes to monitor all your keywords. Seems to be more effective in that case.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@purefuzz auction Insights is only transient info and the monitored company may stop ads anytime. Moreover for long list of keywords for my clients it'd be greatly difficult to use Insights for every keyword.