AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Not Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Adwords has made it impossible to e-mail them at all.  I am wondering why I am receiving and paying for clicks that do NOT match my keywords.  I'd really like to know the answer!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Not Happy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think you have added very general keywords in broad match type. That's can be the reason for getting clicks on the terms not related (not closely related rather) to your product/services. please share some examples of the relevant and irrelevant keywords.

Google Adwords allow us to add negative keywords to protect irrelevant search queries & to avoid waste clicks.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi valleypetsitter, can you provide us with some example keywords, their match type (broad, phrase, etc.) and examples of non-matching search terms used?

I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You are beeing billed for other words because Google tries to serve the best matching ads to searchers, based on the keywords you are targetting. If you did not set your keywords to "exact match", other keywords (similar phrases and relevant variations ) are beeing used too. 

Read:  Keyword Matching Types

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think you have added very general keywords in broad match type. That's can be the reason for getting clicks on the terms not related (not closely related rather) to your product/services. please share some examples of the relevant and irrelevant keywords.

Google Adwords allow us to add negative keywords to protect irrelevant search queries & to avoid waste clicks.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’