AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

None of my images show in the extentions of a search?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

PPCBossman,

Similar in topic but by chance would you know why NONE of my images show in the extentions of a search?

The extention shows my page but all images are a black box.

Is there a way to resolve this??

Thanks In Advance

RPquest

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Can I use images from a my server via external XML file for Flash Ads on the Google Display Netw

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi RP,

Ok - I do believe now that you seem to be referencing the Instant Preview Function but I may still need confirmation. Smiley Happy

Here is a screenshot (click for full size image):

If indeed this Instant Preview is what you're referring to, this is really more of a Webmaster issue but I have a couple resources that may help you out.

Troubleshooting Instant Previews in Webmaster Tools

FAQ: Instant Previews

The real Wizards of this stuff are the Webmaster Help folks.  A few of the Webmaster Help and Search Forum TC's actually host a Hang-Out on Air every Friday at 2:00 PM (East Coast US Time).  This could be a great question for them.  If you want to run this by them, I think you can just ask in the comments on G+ for the HOA or you can register questions ahead of time here:  https://www.google.com/moderator/#15/e=201548&t=201548.40&f=201548.68944d

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Re: Can I use images from a my server via external XML file for Flash Ads on the Google Display Netw

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi RP,

Are you referring to 'Instant Preview' on a SERP?  I'm afraid that I don't fully understand the question. When I read 'extensions' here on this board, I immediately think ad extensions...and now I'm slightly confused. Smiley Happy

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi PPCBossman,

To clarify, when someone does a search, the results show up with >> next to them.

Hovering over the >>, shows the ad extension (website image with black boxes showing where the images should be).

I hope that clarifies what I was trying to ask.  If not, please let me know.

Thanks again,

RPquest

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi RP,

Ok - I do believe now that you seem to be referencing the Instant Preview Function but I may still need confirmation. Smiley Happy

Here is a screenshot (click for full size image):

If indeed this Instant Preview is what you're referring to, this is really more of a Webmaster issue but I have a couple resources that may help you out.

Troubleshooting Instant Previews in Webmaster Tools

FAQ: Instant Previews

The real Wizards of this stuff are the Webmaster Help folks.  A few of the Webmaster Help and Search Forum TC's actually host a Hang-Out on Air every Friday at 2:00 PM (East Coast US Time).  This could be a great question for them.  If you want to run this by them, I think you can just ask in the comments on G+ for the HOA or you can register questions ahead of time here:  https://www.google.com/moderator/#15/e=201548&t=201548.40&f=201548.68944d

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

PPCBossman,

Yes, this is what I ws referring to.

Thank You very much!

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RPquest

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi RP,

Glad to assist when I can.  I've actually had some issues of my own with a similar problem and my robots.txt was the issue.

Hope you get it worked out!

-Tom

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi RPquest,

Looks like PPCBossman has a handle on this, and I hadn't seen that page or the tool before. Nice job.

After reading that page, it seems to me Flash does not run in the preview. If you are running flash on the site, it says you need to provide suitable alternate images for the preview tool  (I have no idea what that means or how to do it, but that's what the page says.)

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords