AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Non Performing Ad Group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I just want to be clear to this question. Please help.

Does a non performing ad group can affect other ad groups in the same campaign?

Thanks

Rio A

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rio A
September 2015

Re: Non Performing Ad Group.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Rio A,

These new adgroup which you added and only getting impressions and not clicks will not effect other adgroups. I would suggest to add some specific and relevant adcopy in your campaign, try to get good average position so that these will get clicks and later you can expect conversions too.

Look into search query report and add queries as positive keywords which got conversions(obv. if they are relevant). Add them in exact match type with high bid.

If the adgroups are getting high number of impressions and no clicks even after optimizing then they will effect overall campaign CTR thus QS.

In my opinion!

- Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rio A,

Non Performing adgroup/keywords effects overall campaign ROI. It depends on what basis you deciding adgroup/keyword non performing. Before declaring any adgroup non performing I would like to dig to keywords/search query associated with the adgroup. If nothing can be done to improve the performance, I would pause non performing adgroup.

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

Thanks for the reply and it's highly appreciated. Look the non performing ad group's keywords are totally different from my other ad group's keywords. My other ad groups are having same number of clicks and impressions but since 2-3 days the conversion percentage has become low. (Where I was getting 7 - 8 conversions per day, I am now getting only 2-3 conversions per day). Though I have added a new group to my campaign, I haven’t raised my per day budget for this. The campaign is still running on the previous budget.

The new campaign is making impressions but not getting clicks due to the ad position, bidding, ad copies and obviously the landing page. These are the problems with this ad group. I know it can be increased but it will take some time. But my concern is during that time will the other ad groups get affected?

Please help. Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rio A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Rio A,

These new adgroup which you added and only getting impressions and not clicks will not effect other adgroups. I would suggest to add some specific and relevant adcopy in your campaign, try to get good average position so that these will get clicks and later you can expect conversions too.

Look into search query report and add queries as positive keywords which got conversions(obv. if they are relevant). Add them in exact match type with high bid.

If the adgroups are getting high number of impressions and no clicks even after optimizing then they will effect overall campaign CTR thus QS.

In my opinion!

- Neha Gupta

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

Thanks a lot...  I was expecting the same.. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Rio A.