AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

No impressions on new campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I setup my Display Network campaign. All ads, and keywords have been approved. I have my daily budget set, and the max CPC set. Adwords informs me that based on my display targeting I can potentially have between 100M - 500M impressions per week.

I wait 24 hours, check the results, and.....4 impressions. I check my other campaign where I use CPM bid - zero impressions.

What could be the reason, and why isn't Adwords telling me what is wrong? I have no warnings on those campaigns. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No impressions on new campaign

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pawel W ! 

"Adwords informs me that based on my display targeting I can potentially have between 100M - 500M impressions per week."

That estimate is the total traffic of all your placements. Take youtube for example, that is a placement with a lot of traffic, but you won't have your ad displayed there all the time because you don't have unlimited budget.

That phrase translates in "In this stadium we can host 10.000 people for this concert", but will they all buy tickets to fill the room ?

You problem can be the MaxCPC. The display network unfortunately doesn't give you estimates for competition like the search network, unless you have build a target group using the "Google Display Network Ad Planner".

Gradually increase MaxCPC and wait for the placements to start showing up impressions. 

For example youtube expects you to provide 300 x 250 banners to start displaying ads near the videos to the right.

This type of banner can be made through the Display ad builder in 5 minutes.

How did you setup the frequency capping ? Is it 1 ad served per day per user ?

In my area, youtube accepts ads with a MaxCPC of at least 0.15 $ 

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you don't have time, you can run a test. Set your campaign budget to a low value, like 5 or 10 $ a day.

Then go to the settings of the campaign and chose the automatic bidding option , but set a max CPC at a confortable value, like 0.5 to 1 $ or less, but no lower than 0.2 $ , to see some results

This will speed up your impressions and you will see in 24 hours or less how much it costs you per click to run the Display Campaign.

automatic-bid-Display-Campaign.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

Can you elaborate what methods (placements; Keywords, topics...all of them...) are you using to target the display network?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The same problem with u

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.