AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

No impressions after bonus appeared on account...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dear Experts,

I've already tried to solve this with the official Google support, but unfortunately to no avail - alas, they seemed rather unwilling to take me seriously...Smiley Frustrated

Anyway, my problem is this:

My account was created on April 1st. Until April 23rd, everything ran flawlessly. Several thousand impressions, and some dozens of clicks. On that very day, my billing information showed the 75 euro bonus I had applied when beginning (as I had accrued the required 25 euros (24.88 to be exact). Without changing ANY setting, impressions suddenly froze. Zero, nothing. Since April 23rd, I have had no impressions (and no clicks either). I have double- and triple-checked everything. There is no possible problem (in fact, the analysis tool shows my ads are being triggered normally. Well, that's not true!)

Customer support insists there is no issue, and I should just use broader keywords. Well, that is entirely off the mark, not only because my keywords (some of them anyway) are simply anything but narrow, but because they seemed to work totally fine just a day before the bonus showed up.

My budget is fine, I checked and my keywords should appear on the first page (and in many occasions on the top of the page), yet no impressions.

This doesn't make any sense. I can't help but suspecting the bonus has something to do with it - simply because there is no other change.

Any help at all? I've lost hope with customer support...

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No impressions after bonus appeared on account...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

Gut feeling is the issue should be associated with the terms and conditions of the bonus you mentioned. My clients are way too large to care for a promotional code but I remember my earlier years when we redeemed a few. A typical condition was that the account should not be older than 2 weeks. In your case the period April 1-23 reminded me of that old stipulation.

I am not sure I am right, however, it's worth checking out the terms.

Best,

Lakatos