AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

No feed items available for preview.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up a Google display ad (retargeting) using an Adwords template, but it isn't pulling in images from my product, nor is it pulling any of my data from my feed.

This is the message in the ad creation area: "No feed items available for preview. You can still save your ads now and check your feed later. Your ads will not appear until you have items in your feed."

Unlike other people who have posted such questions before, I am using the 'custom feed' type as our 'product' is actually a service and we are therefore unable to use the merchant center. My situation is also different in that I set up the remarketing lists in analytics and am therefore using 'dynamic attributes' instead of custom parameters in a tag.

Does anyone have experience trying to set up dynamic remarketing in this way? I seem to encouter one error after the next and it is now difficult to pinpoint whether the issue is with the analytics set-up and linking with the account or the feed itself.

For context:

I am only using the dynamic attribute 'product id' which is pulling data from the custom dimension I created for 'product Id'

I also see dynx_itemid* dynx_itemid2 dynx_pagetype** dynx_totalvalue** written in every google support article, but this is always related to the use of a custom adwords tag, and not the analytics setup I am using. 

Anyone know where I am going wrong or how i could test whether my dynamic attribute setup in analytics is working?

Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No feed items available for preview.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Usually this error occurs when your feed file does not contain necessary information to create the dynamic banner. If you are using custom type it shouldnt be a problem with merchant center.

First go to business data and section and check whether your feed file contains all the data related to your campaign.