AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

No ads for a keyword, what is my CPC?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if there are no ads for a keyword, what is my cost per click? (ex "Dearborn Inn Wedding")

Do I need to make my bid, below the first page bid estimate?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: No ads for a keyword, what is my CPC?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Izabella,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

#A.

If there is no ads for a keyword:- It does not mean your ads will appear on first page if you set the very low Max CPC Bid.

As every time when your ads appear on the SERP, Google define a certain  threshold of an Ad Rank That your ads must meet to appear, even if there is no other competitor and ads on the certain keywords.

Please follow the link where one of active TC @MosheTLV  has explained.

#B

First bid estimate is just a guideline to make your bidding decision. It is not a guarantee you receive always First ad position, if you set the bid more than First page bid.

This estimate is a guideline, based on your keyword's Quality Score and recent advertiser competition,and it applies to search queries exactly matching your keyword. It does not give you a guarantee about your where your ad will appear.

But your real time ad position determine each and every auction based on the following factor:-

1 Quality score at the real time, As Quality Score determine at each time when your ads appear on the Search Engine Result page.
2. Location from where a users perform search.
3 Real time competition, when your ads enter into ad auction.

On the basis of this your ads position is determine, not estimated first page bid or top page bid.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
if there are no ads for a keyword, you should bid little above the first page bid estimate...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Izabella,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

#A.

If there is no ads for a keyword:- It does not mean your ads will appear on first page if you set the very low Max CPC Bid.

As every time when your ads appear on the SERP, Google define a certain  threshold of an Ad Rank That your ads must meet to appear, even if there is no other competitor and ads on the certain keywords.

Please follow the link where one of active TC @MosheTLV  has explained.

#B

First bid estimate is just a guideline to make your bidding decision. It is not a guarantee you receive always First ad position, if you set the bid more than First page bid.

This estimate is a guideline, based on your keyword's Quality Score and recent advertiser competition,and it applies to search queries exactly matching your keyword. It does not give you a guarantee about your where your ad will appear.

But your real time ad position determine each and every auction based on the following factor:-

1 Quality score at the real time, As Quality Score determine at each time when your ads appear on the Search Engine Result page.
2. Location from where a users perform search.
3 Real time competition, when your ads enter into ad auction.

On the basis of this your ads position is determine, not estimated first page bid or top page bid.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’