AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

No Tablet Optimised Site For Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all

My first post on here Smiley Happy

I am increasing needing to manage my clients adwords campaigns and monitor analytics via my tablet 'on the go' and I am increasingly frustrated on how un-tablet friendly the adwords and GA web UI is! I think I find it more frustrating and I am less understanding because of the fuss Google makes in trying to make companies improve their websites for tablet and mobile to increase UX, when they don't actually listen to their own advice. I mean the adwords interface still using 'Frames' not exactly cutting edge layout! I think I stopped using frames in 2003!  - strange that Google has found its key money driving platform of adwords left behind by new developments in more consumer facing designs like Google Play and Music. 

Key question to Google why have you not developed a responsive design layout for Adwords and GA when you encourage everyone else to do so?? Please practice what you preach! 

Thanks

Jonesy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Tablet Optimised Site For Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonesy, great question, one that I totally emphasise with.  All of my major clients are in the US or Australia/New Zealand which means much of their business day is outside of UK office hours so I frequently use my tablet to access Analytics.  Trying to change a date range in either is very awkward, almost impossible.

I'll admit I rarely access AdWords itself though.  When I make changes to a client Account it's usually after a considered reasoning and I always do so in combination with making notes in my client journals so it's not something I would typically do "on the move" as it were.  I'm sure other people will be different but I'm not sure under what circumstances it would be necessary to make changes to an AdWords Account that were so urgent you couldn't wait until you reached a desktop, but were not urgent enough that the (admittedly poor) access via a tablet wasn't sufficient.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits